We propose to carry out a descriptive study to see the respect for the rights of children in play areas at school. For this purpose, we will use both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis techniques.
Its implementation is expected in two phases, which are explained below.
- To develop and validate a questionnaire that allows us to know what perception teachers have about the play spaces and times at school, why they are included at school, how they are organized, what role children have, what role educators have, materials, etc.
Teachers from kindergarten, early childhood and primary education schools, both public and private, from different socio-economic contexts in the city of Barcelona.
Applying the Focus Group technique for a first qualitative data collection. Based on these data and the theoretical framework, we will elaborate the questionnaire.
- Preparation of guidelines to carry out a Focus Group (FG) that provides the information needed to construct the questionnaire
- Development of FG
- Creation of the questionnaire on the basis of the different categories obtained
- Validation of the questionnaire
- To apply the questionnaire to a representative sample of Catalan population.
Teachers from kindergarten, early childhood and primary education schools, both public and private, from different socio-economic contexts in Catalonia
To develop a representative sample of the population (methodologist)
Procedure and timing
Using new digital technologies in order to carry out the data collection process from the Catalan population.
To establish contacts with other universities, associations…