The Research and Innovation Group on Sport and Society (GRIES) is recognised by the autonomous government of Catalonia as a consolidated group (Ref. 2014 SGR 793). The group is composed by researchers, assistant lecturers, and PhD students who are interested in the study about European and Catalan sports and physical activities as social phenomena.
The lines of the investigation are:
- Social history of the Sport.
- Social intervention across the sport.
- Social, economic and environmental development of the leisure and of the sports tourism.
- Management of the organizations, sports facilities and sports projects.
- Psychosocial analysis and Innovation in the sports performance.
- Analysis of the Physical Education and of the sport in school age.
GRIES realize research network projects with the participation of universities of different locations, organizes international congresses and welcomes foreign researchers and PhD students interested in social research of sport in Catalonia and particularly in Barcelona. Actually in the group are being directed 16 thesis, one research project with 8 universities and a research network about the Sport Women History. The group produces several scientific articles indexed in national and international databases, book chapters and books.